The Manager of Technology for Discovery Services in the Philippines must drive key initiatives, exhibit technology leadership and demonstrate operational excellence in the development, maintenance and support of proprietary applications.
In the performance of this role, the manager needs to maintain a skilled and well-positioned team to ensure that each development output meets the scope, quality, time and budget identified for each project.
Commitment to Team
Provides leadership to teams in terms of client engagement, managing escalations, resolving technical challenges and managing prioritizations
Identify opportunities to further increase the capability and technical competency of the teams through training and other mechanisms.
Provide effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initatives and performance to the teams and its members, as appropriate.
Commitment to Work Product
Commitment to Oneself
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a related technical field. Master of Science degree is a plus.
· 5+ yrs of experience in a management and/or a lead role in software development and QA
· 5+ years of experience in a software development and testing function, specifically with web based products
· Extensive knowledge of major coding languages html5, Javascipts and C++ and related platform.
· Experience managing the quality of complex software products
· 10+ years in requirements analysis, test planning, unit and integrated test case creation, test data preparation and test execution reporting
· Experience with common SDLC frameworks (Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, MS SDD, etc)
· Advanced knowledge of standard office equipment